In addition to these fantastic keynotes, we have a full day of sessions that include:
Aaron Patterson : and core contributor
Rune Madsen : a computational artist working in the fields of programming and graphic design
Steve Klabnik : The nomads are there, wherever there forms a smooth space ... The nomads inhabit these places; they remain in them, and they themselves make them grow.
Jason Scott : Proprietor of TEXTFILES.COM …
I made a presentation on Refactoring &at back on 10/09/2012. I put my slides and notes from the presentation up on Speaker Deck.
Some quick takeaways ...
The less your problem is understood, the more complicated your solution is likely to be. This is one of the reasons why we refactor code - we increase our understanding of the problem domain and increase our abilities to apply solutions to the domain as time goes by.
As a speaker and organizer, I look at services like Speaker Rate and Lanyrd and see the value somewhat. There's a lot of information available on there and it's a pretty neat way for a speaker to build a profile. I think if I attended more conferences rather than speaking or organizing them, I'd probably derive more value from it. But I've always felt that they weren't serving the right audience (or that the right audience in my mind wasn't intended to be served …
…design accessible to everyone if they want. Developers donNEED to know design, but if they want to - they shouldn't be afraid to learn it. I want to foster a community that makes design accessible for developers, and development easy for designers.
So, if you want to see my slides, they're on Speaker Deck . I've kept my notes in, including my "calm down" note at the beginning All critique would be welcomed.
- Speaker phone & screenshare via IM. Works great if there's only one remote person. We need more people involved.
-. , we investigated it. Great service, but it's limited to 10 people, unless you want a public hangout, which we don't. (Sorry, it's not personal)
- Basecamp classes . They're all great if we have one speaker.& WebX & . GoToMeeting works great for our
- AdobeConnect. We need …
* Speaker nominations. We're particularly interested in hearing from people we don't yet know who have teachable experience implementing lean startup practices. Some of those folks might be speaker newbies. At the same time, we want really engaging presenters. So we've created a short nomination form where you have to include a link to a video of the speaker. Our preference is for videos of speakers in action at a conference, , or anywhere else they're …
Speaker: Jonathan Smiley
Where:HQ ( )
As more and more people make the shift towards designing for four corners , it's more important than ever to prototype for multiple devices ... and do this quickly. Jonathan will walk through the steps for doing this swiftly at Airbnb's HQ in downtown SF on the 6th.
Check out" Why (and How) To Rapidly For Multiple Devices" at Airbnb
Where: Tech In( SJ)
Talk # 1987
"Full Stack Infrastructure Migration Using Opscode Chef and vCloud Director"
Talk # 1595
Sara Chipps ( @ sarajchipps , Girl Develop It)
Amy Hoy ( @ , )
…Lead and of
* Mitchell Baker , Chairperson for the
* Luke Wroblewski , , Speaker and Author
* Bryan House , of Acquia
We hope to see you there!