As the first work week of 2012 draws to a close, here's a round-up of some interesting news items...
- Service Angle explains why app management is becoming a differentiator for service providers.
- Ken Cochrane shows us how to use with supervisord and gunicorn.
Join us on Thursday, January 5 th as we host the first San Francisco OpenStack Meetup of 2012. As we announced last month, is now part of the OpenStack community and we look forward to meeting other members. The group has lined up some great speakers to get us going in the :
6:30 pm: Food, Drink, and
7:15 pm: Kieran Lal , 's of development on "Moving 200 …
This week's community news explains how businesses are really using, has more predictions for 2012, and contains helpful tips from our partners.
- best practices for DB.'s gives us
- The 5 minutes with .spends
- A recent report by Mobile Cloud Computing explains why the mobile cloud will generate more than $ 45 Billion by 2016.
-and tell us why businesses …
Great news for organizations leveraging open source cloud computing! Today we announced that OpenStack™ community. is a global collaboration of developers and technologists producing the open standard cloud-computing platform for both public and private clouds. Now organizations deploying web applications on OpenStack can use New Relic to automatically monitor their apps in production, and proactively identify and eliminate potential bottlenecks.has joined the
You may have noticed some updates we made to our PHP agent last week:
- Automatic Real User Monitoring : The new auto-RUM mechanism supports all frameworks, not just Drupal and WordPress. As a result, it is significantly more reliable as modules and other changes to the framework no longer impact how we insert the RUM header and footer. If you previously had to manually insert RUM headers and footers, we encourage you to re-enable auto-RUM and comment out your existing manual calls. …
Submit this to News
Find out whyis not a job description, how we've up-ended tradition, and the state of the data center:
- Find out how optimized their .
- O'Reilly and Joshua Bixby explain why you can't get away with a bad mobile experience anymore.
- Michael Yuan gives us a Java developer's guide to PaaS .
- Learn why DevOps is a state of mind, not a job description.
MercadoLibre is the largest eCommerce platform and marketplace in . The company was incorporated in 1999 and had its IPO in 2007. It operates in fourteen countries and is the leading eCommerce site in each of them. The company has an ecosystem of four business units - the MercadoLibre Marketplace , the MercadoPago payments solution, the MercadoClics advertising program, and the MercadoShops online stores solution.
Envato is an Australian start-up whose mission is to "help people earn and learn online." The company offers a network of sites where creative professionals can hone their skills and find new customers for their work. The Envato Marketplaces are home to a thriving community of authors and buyers. With over 1 million members, they include ActiveDen and ThemeForest , the largest marketplaces for files and themes. The Envato Tuts …
As companies turn to the cloud to rapidly deploy and scale their applications, they need management and monitoring tools to ensure they meet service level requirements. Basic monitoring from cloud infrastructure providers isn't enough. Organizations need a tool that provides a 360-degree view of application performance so they can measure customer experience and ensure performance across the cloud and technology stacks.
Tomorrow, we will team with OpenLogic to deliver a joint webcast …